Using loops, (the legal issues)

Discussions et informations autour des conditions légales de nos projets : licences, certification des machines, autorisations d'usage...
MichaelSmith

Using loops, (the legal issues)

Messagepar MichaelSmith » Sam Mai 19, 2018 10:01 am

HI,

I'm just now starting to produce/write my own beats/tracks (i run live 7.0.3). I'm curious though, i have over 30,000 loops of all different assortments that I've acquired over time, however my question if i use one of these loops (even with the 5-20 effects i may add to a single channel), is it legal to use a loop without telling someone you used a loop. I'm currently building my own sample library of entirely my own music, i play guitar as well, but i want to create everything myself. original music par say. however if i were to say create a hip-hop beat using 4-5 drum loops from a hip-hop sample/loop library, is it legal to sell that beat to someone? i obviously mix my own samples in there as well, but i just see people like girl talk completely exploiting the sample shit (which i think is pathetic, innovative/revolutionary, but pathetic since he sells other people's music under his name). if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it, i just don't want to get hit with a lawsuit down the road.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References: edited by moderator, references out of topic / commercial
Thanks!

Revenir vers « Questions juridiques »